Friday, August 26, 2011

Brights in her face

Now, I've already told you that Mother Superior was irrational and erratic.  I've told you that she described herself as crazy.  I've even told you some of the crazy stunts that this Lucy Ricardo in drag had pulled, so you won't be any more suprised at this caper than I was.....

After Bart walked away from me and disappeared from the reflection in Mother's rear-view mirror, he had resumed his talk with Eugenie, the ex.  I don't know that they talked about, it wasn't my business.  I am human enough to respect other relationships even if they have ended.  We all need closure, and if a reconciliation loomed, I preferred it was sooner than later.  After all, new feelings are easier to kill than old ones. It is true that old habits die hard and most relationships become more of a habit after awhile than an affair.........I'd prefer that Bart was never a habit if this relationship (( if you can call it that )) that he and I had was doomed to demise.  All humans need to make sense of any situation and relationships are no different.  So they talked on the sidewalk? At least, they weren't screwing somewhere.

Eugenie said that out of nowhere a car careened onto Ouachita and parked in the middle of the street.  She recognized it as the car that Bart had approached and knelt next to just a few minutes prior.  She thought it was odd that the car squealed to a halt in the middle of the street, and parked.............but she was even more surprised when two big gay men swooshed to Bart's side.  Abruptly, Mother accused Bart of stealing his boyfriend ( me ), and she demanded that he stop seeing me.  Of course, I was aghast that Mother had figured it out, but I remembered Mother's reaction when Bart had reached in and finger brushed my bangs from my eyes, and I remembered how quickly Mother had driven away.  But, there were things that neither Bart nor I knew and Mother revealed some of that information in the conversation that Eugenie witnessed outside of Acapulco's.  Apparently, Mother had recognized the car that Bart leaned on as the car that she'd seen parked in front of my apartment for several days in a row..........(( Mother Superior had been stalking me, and I had had no idea.  She'd driven by my apartment several times within the past few days, but she didn't know who owned the car she had seen until the moment she'd seen Bart leaned up against his car as he chatted with Eugenie...................Yeah, this was Hot Springs.))

"Is this Mother person your ex boyfriend?" Eugenie asked.

"Hell no," I said rather shocked that anyone would even contemplate the occurrence.

"So if Bart isn't your boyfriend and Mother isn't your boyfriend, why did they get into it last night?" Eugenie asked perplexed (( and rightfully so)). 

"What do you mean they got into it?" I was a little worried because I had witnessed Mother's unusual temper, and I knew that Bart could hold his own.  I figured it had to be a humdinger.

"They threw down, last night." Eugenie explained.

"Was Bart hurt?" I asked worried, and of course, I'd let the cat out of the bag.

"He is your boyfriend, isn't he?" she asked like she'd caught me.

"He is not my boyfriend, but we have been spending a lot of time together," I conceded, but I still needed more information.  "Was he hurt?"

"Not really, but I maced your friend to get him off of Bart.  That other gay guy pulled Mother off of Bart and put him in the car and drove away," she said.

"So what happened to Bart last night?" I asked.

"I guess he drove back to Arkadelphia last night.  I don't know.  I met him a few minutes ago in the parking lot because we took my engagement ring back to the jewelry store and got his money back.  He split the cash with me....." Eugenie explained with little emotion.  (( If I had been Bart, I would have kept the entire amount; it was his money, after all..............but it showed me that he was a fair guy with a good heart.  Which, of course, I already knew..and so did you.))

"So, where is he now?" I asked.

"I don't know.  He left.  We agreed to never see each other again or speak to each other again," the ex said stoically. "And that's just fine with me.  I don't exactly want people to know that my ex-fiance is a fag."

"He's not a fag; he's gay," I said through clenched teeth and cocked my eyebrow. "This hasn't been easy for him."

"Just how long have you known him?" Eugenie asked sarcastically.

"Not very long, why?" I asked.

"You didn't know him when he was engaged to me?" she sort of begged me for this information.

"No," I said nicely. "You don't have to worry.  I didn't steal him away from you."

"Oh, I'm not worried about that," she said bitterly. "I was just wondering if I should get tested for AIDS."

"I get your insinuation, but I don't have AIDS," I said calmly. "You don't have anything to worry about."

"Are you sure?" she said condescendingly. "You sure are skinny.  Hell, you are as skinny as his best friend, Terrance."

"I'm sure I don't have AIDS," I really was trying to be nice and trying to be understanding of an ignorant heterosexual roamy gal.  "Who is Terrance?"

"Oh, Terrance was his best friend.  He played basketball for Henderson, and He was tall and skinny like you.  He got married last summer...." she said...and then I knew why Bart liked me.  He had said that I was a combination of his ex-fiance and his ex-lover.  Immediately, I understood what Bart had meant. I knew, then,  that I was physically like Terrance and I had a similar personality to Eugenie -- eyebrow and all.

"Well, honey, I'm no slut.  Bart and I have never had sex," I tried to reassure her worries simply to be a nice person.

"I understand that.  I don't think he likes sex.  I had to almost attack him to get him to make love to me," Eugenie said as an insult to Bart.  Well, by this time, I figured that I had given the ex enough information, and I wanted this conversation to not only end, but for it to also be memorable for her, so I started to limp away to my Ranger.

"Oh honey," I said honestly, but sarcastically.  "It's not because he hasn't tried.  That's how I got this sprained ankle..................Do take care." And I opened the door of my truck, got inside and sped off...I made sure to back out and shine my brights in her face.


No comments:

Post a Comment